- Articles and reviews have appeared in The Seattle Times, The
Los Angeles Times, Premiere, Film Comment, The Orange County
Register (Knight-Ridder syndication), Mens Journal, Savvy,
Pacific Northwest Magazine, The Rocket, The Seattle Weekly, The
Seattle Sun, Amazon.com, Microsoft Cinemania, America Online's
Entertainment Asylum and many other newspapers, magazines, and websites.
1998 - present Cinema Enterprises
Group Seattle, WA
Editorial Director, major film reference website/magazine
- Developing editorial vision and resources for a new film-related
website (in development; details confidential at present) to launch in 1999.
1994-1998 (June) Microsoft
Senior Editor, Microsoft Cinemania (CD-ROM and website)
- Developed overall editorial vision for award-winning, best-selling
CD-ROM and expanded it into an award-winning website, working with a team of developers,
designers, proofers, testers, and others.
- Negotiated and managed relationships with outside writers and
"content providers," including Roger Ebert, Leonard Maltin, Baseline, CineBooks.
- Conceived and wrote multimedia features, reviews, columns, and
managed editorial staff.
1993-1994 Walt Disney Co.
Co-screenwriter, "Its Pat: The Movie"
- Developed and co-wrote screenplay for Disney motion picture.
- Acted as associate producer (uncredited) during editing and
- Member of Writers Guild of America.
1987-1993 Orange County Register
Los Angeles, CA
Film Critic and columnist
- Wrote reviews, features, interviews, and columns about the movies
while based in Los Angeles for third-largest daily newspaper in California - nationally
syndicated through Knight-Ridder.
- Member of Los Angeles Film Critics Association.
1984-1987 Market Theater
- Booked single-screen independent "art house" movie theater
in Seattles historic Pike Place Market.
Also a co-director of Seattle International Film Festival, 1982-1987.
1975-1980 University of Washington English Literature